Friday, September 7, 2012

Blog Changes!

So, as you may have noticed (or maybe not, if this is your first visit), I've made a few changes to the blog, including the title and address.  I felt that, while the majority of my posts ARE about my spiritual journey and where God is taking me on this crazy road, I need to give a little more personality and pizzazz to my posts.  Not many people will want to read this if it sounds like I'm constantly preaching at them (which is exactly what I wanted to avoid when I started this blog).

So, to update you on my life (which I have neglected to do in a while):  I am currently living at home with my parents and little brother.  After a year working in the theatre and entertainment industry, I felt led to come back home and go to school again.  Not that I don't love costuming anymore! I still get all giddy when I go to a fabric or craft store.  No...I just feel like my main focus should be on teaching others...it's something I've always felt passionate about, and I've just started rediscovering how much I want to be a teacher.  So I am patiently (ish) waiting to hear from one of the local colleges about whether or not I've been accepted to take prerequisite courses beginning this spring.

Also, I'm on the hunt for a part-to-full-time job to pay for said education and other daily expenses.  To anyone out there job hunting, I sympathize with you...it's not as easy as it looks.  I've had four interviews in the past three weeks with no follow-up.  It's kind of difficult to explain how one's background in wardrobe can be useful in the retail industry, apparently.

Anyway, I'm going to try to start posting about some of the issues plaguing my generation, and how I try to handle them on a day-to-day basis.  Make no mistake, there will be biblical references, but there will also be quotes from some of my favorite people (like J. K. Rowling!) in the mix.  I can't separate my faith from my blog, because it is such a part of who I am...but I want people to be able read this without feeling like they're being "preached at"...it's one of the things that often turns me off of certain religious leaders.  I like to know that they experience the same struggles that I do, and that they are not just pulling advice from thin air.

So please give my blog a chance.  I'm still developing some writing skills, and my paragraphs may not always be perfection...but I'm trying.  And I hope you enjoy taking this journey with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment