Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Long-Awaited Update

It's amazing how quickly life gets busy, and how soon we put things like blogs aside to keep up with everything else. 

Update on the job setting: I am in a wonderful internship in a fantastic regional theatre.  I've been here since the end of August, and I'm really learning a lot about the industry and exactly how it feels to run a professional show.  It can be extremely fast-paced and filled with adrenaline, and then it can move at a snail's pace (especially during a tech process when there are no quick changes).  My apartment is lovely, and within walking distance of work, so that's nice too.

Now, as you know, my theme for this blog has been "Let go and let God."  Since I've been in "show mode," I've had a good deal of free time to walk around, think, and pray.  I don't want to give specifics just yet because I need to have a few conversations with different people, but for now I'll say that God is showing me a path that I think he wants me to take.  It's an idea I had several years ago, and I had all but forgotten about it until a few weeks ago.  But the ball has started rolling, so to speak, and hopefully by mid-week I will have a better idea about what is going on.  I know, that's really vague, but as soon as I am in a place to talk more about it, I'll post.

Also, some of you are probably wondering about my thesis! Check out the photos by going to my website, http://www.lizzyk.net and click on the Technical Portfolio link, and then the Intimate Apparel Corsetry document.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers this week as I try to discern God's will for my life.  I think it's slowly coming together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment