Monday, October 11, 2010

So...What is this about?

So, you're probably wondering why I decided to start a blog.  Well...everyone else is doing it? Haha, just kidding. Actually, I was just sitting in my room and I had this overwhelming feeling that I should start a blog. Not a boredom type thing. More like...inspiration. And I don't get inspiration often, so I went with it.

Now you're most likely asking, "Who the heck is this girl, and what right does she have to write about these alleged endeavours in theatre?" Well, for the purposes of blogging, I am going to go by Trizzy Lizzard (two nicknames given to me by friends...Trizzy will do just fine, though).  And my "right" to write about theatre lies in the fact that I will soon graduate with a degree in Costume Design/Technology.  And I will be searching for jobs in the real world soon. Scary stuff.  I will soon begin my thesis project, and then I graduate, and then I need to make a living while still doing what I am passionate about.  So...REALLY scary stuff.

At this point, you're scratching your head, going, "So...WHY should I read this blog?  How is this different from any other blog out there by some college theatre major???" Well, that's a very good question. And here's my answer: I'm not going to be complaining about how terrible my life is as a starving artist or using this as a means to get a job (though if it happens, awesome).  I'm using this blog as a way of documenting my journey in the theatre world not just to make a living, but also as a spiritual journey.  I believe in Jesus Christ, and I believe that He has given me an unbridled passion for theatre and costuming, and I believe He didn't do that just for kicks and giggles.  I'm in this profession for a reason, and I want to find what that is.  It may not be obvious today, or tomorrow, or even twenty years from now, but I know He has me here to fulfill a specific purpose.  I love people, and I feel that theatre is a place where all people can connect.  So, what better place to show God's love than where everyone can connect?

I'm not going to preach or get on a soapbox in this blog.  But I will share my passion for God, for theatre, and for people.  And I hope you join me on what is bound to be a bumpy and thrilling endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment